Penguin Random House launch Penguin Shop
Discover the new home for beautiful bookish gifts and experiences this Christmas
Penguin Shop brings books to life through a carefully curated, ever expanding collection of products and experiences designed to inspire and delight.
The official online home of the Penguin Collection, Penguin Shop will offer an eclectic range of gifts inspired by the world of books. Penguin Shop’s classic Collection range has been specially created for lovers of extraordinary literature and classic design. Featuring the world famous and iconic Penguin logo, our striking products all share the exceptional quality and distinctive style that have shaped the Penguin brand over the years.
The Classic Collection comprises eye-catching Tote bags, beautiful notebooks, classic mugs, colourful tea towels and elegant umbrellas, all based on the classic Penguin paperback design. Titles celebrated in the Collection include Emily Brontë’s Wuthering Heights, Virginia Woolf’s A Room of One’s Own, F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby, Jack Kerouac’s On the Road, Raymond Chandler’s The Big Sleep, Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice and Nancy Mitford’s The Pursuit of Love.
- The stunning Penguin canvas Tote bags are stylish, durable and practical
- Penguin Notebook is chic and beautifully designed, ideal for notes, lists and all kinds of stories.
- Penguin Mugs are already well-loved items in many households – enjoy a hot drink in the company of a Penguin classic
- Use Penguin Tea Towels to add a splash of colour to your kitchen
- The charming Penguin Umbrellas will brighten up the rainiest of days
Penguin Shop will also offer:
• A two day Creative Writing Workshop on writing picture books for children that will open up your imagination and offer practical advice and tips.
• A limited edition Isokon Penguin Donkey Mark 2. This handmade furniture, crafted by skilled cabinetmakers in the original style, was first designed in 1963 to house Penguin paperbacks.
The Penguin Shop will continue to grow in 2017; an expanding collection of delights for book lovers and all to share.
The Penguin story began with Allen Lane, who created Penguin Books in 1935 with his brothers, Richard and John. Legend has it that Lane conceived the idea of producing good-quality, affordable paperbacks after visiting Agatha Christie in 1934, when he found himself stranded on the platform at Exeter train station with nothing to read. Penguin Shop continues Allen Lane’s philosophy of making great storytelling and classic design accessible to all.
For more information visit www.penguinshop.co.uk