Submit Your Entry
All entries must be submitted digitally via this form. Entries submitted in any other way, including by email or hard-copy, will not be accepted.
Entries must be supplied in the following format:
- 5mm bleed
- Crop marks to be included
- Ideally colour managed to ISO Coated 39 or ISO Uncoated 29 (optional)
- Maximum file size 5 MB
Please include the front cover only on the first page of your PDF and a full cover spread (front, spine and back cover) on the second page of your PDF.
Please use the design template and cover copy supplied for each category brief:
Fiction Cover Award
Non-Fiction Cover Award
Children’s Cover Award
Shortlisted entrants will be notified in writing by Wednesday 25 April 2018. To proceed to the next stage of the competition they will be asked to resubmit their entry following feedback and further art direction from the Penguin Random House Art Directors. The closing date for the shortlisted entrants' resubmissions is 12:00 noon on Thursday 10 May 2018.
Shortlisted entrants will be required to provide the following support material for their final submission:
- An A3 board showing the full jacket to scale 1:1.
- The design mocked-up on three copies of the book (which Penguin Random House will supply).
- A short, typewritten text (max. 50—100 words only) submitted as a Word document, explaining the concept for your design.
- An A3 board demonstrating the development of the thought process from the original research to the final concept. A digital copy must also be supplied on USB memory stick or CD.
- A high resolution PDF and Jpeg of the front cover and full cover design with and without bleed on USB memory stick or CD.
By submitting an entry, you agree to the competition Terms and Conditions.